When was the last time you got comfortable reading a great book? It’s not often people take the time to do it anymore, not since the dawn of social media dn the multiple apps that people can scroll through to entertain themselves. It’s very rare to find those who can slow down enough to sit comfortably, take in a great book and really enjoy it.
The problem is the comfort thing. If you want to enjoy a great book, you want to know that you are going to be able to settle down and have enough light, enough snacks and enough books to enjoy. You might have seen the ideal setting for enjoying a book in the adverts in magazines and on TV: someone is sitting under the arch of a beautiful bay and bow windows, book in hand, cushions and blankets everywhere. There’s light, there’s comfort, there’s snacks on the side – it’s all perfection. If you’re confused as to why you should be reading more, then you should look at the list below. We’ve got five amazing reasons that reading should be your new hobby. Let’s take a look:
- It gets your brain going. There are studies to show that reading is going to help your brain power. Not only will you be able to keep your brain active, you can stave off things like dementia and Alzheimers, too. The mental stimulation that reading gives your brain keeps it strong and stable!
- Reducing stress. Sometimes, a book is an escape. It’s a portal to a whole world with new characters and new things that you can experience in your head. Yes, it’s a little like a trip to stare at pages and watch a whole movie come to life in your head, but that doesn’t mean that you aren’t going to feel relaxed because of it. Your stress is often hard to overcome, but you can when you sink into a great book.
- You’ll learn so much. When you read, you take in so much more information than you ever thought possible. You can work on improving in a subject of your choice, and you can work on improving your mental health and wellbeing as a result. Reading helps you to take in new things, and with the right book and the right setting, you’re going to find life far more relaxing.
- Exposure. You are going to expand your vocabulary, you’re going to expand your thinking and you’re going to give yourself a better future – and all because you decided to pick up a book!
- It’s fun. Honestly, there is nothing better than indulging your own imagination sometimes. You need to read to dive into worlds that aren’t yours, and you need to consider how your love of books is going to help you to improve your thinking generally day to day. Sinking into a good book gives you the chance to feel emotions you didn’t know you could feel, and that’s exactly what you want to do when you choose a great book!